Founded in 2013, 4D Tech Solutions, Inc. is a HUBZone Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business located in Fairmont, WV. 4D’s mission is to provide superior results to customers in areas related to technology research and development, project management, test and evaluation, and technology transfer.
4D staff members have extensive experience in developing and delivering hardware, software, electro-mechanical, electronics, and integrated systems solutions to the government and civilian marketplaces. 4D’s disciplined approach ensures we exceed our customer expectations. From project initiation through final customer deliverables, we work hand-in-hand with our customers to ensure they receive best-value solutions.
Business Operations Manager
Principal Applications Engineer
Sales and Marketing Specialist
4D’s leadership is geared toward efficiency, quality, and rapid resolution of problems.
— Brad DeRoos, President/CEO
30 Years of Experience
4D’s senior staff members have a track record of success in solving real-world problems for a diverse set of customers. These successes stem from a commitment to provide superior products and services. Specifically, the company principals and staff members:
- Transitioned state-of-the-art microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) mirror-based light detection and ranging (LiDAR) technology from the Army Research Lab, and stood up the company division RedTail LiDAR systems to make the technology available to government and commercial customers.
- Develop an innovative method to manufacture a disinfectant that is highly effective against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and emerging pathogens; this product will be brought to market in the 4th quarter of 2021.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured a miniature hydraulic system that has a broad range of fluid power applications, including unmanned ground vehicles.
- Designed and fabricated the 4D X6 unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), which received an Air Worthiness Release (AWR) from the Army’s Aviation Engineering Directorate.
- Provided critical support to the Marine Corps Densified Propellant (DP) Shoulder-launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (SMAW) development.
- Manufactured and delivered over 2,400 small robot platforms (BomBots) for Improvised Explosive Device (IED) defeat in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Developed unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) hardware, software algorithms, and concepts of operation to enhance warfighter effectiveness.
- Developed real-time, embedded, safety-critical research flight control system for NASA’s Full-Scale Advanced Systems Testbed (FAST).